You can choose articles from the news (paper or mags or internet...I am not choosy!). You can send anything that I can read...perhaps your very own writing! I love to read...it takes me away from "the tank"!! Pretty please...with sugar on top...send anything!! I have lots of "spiritual books" and some classics so I am looking for "junk reads". I'll attach a list of mystery writers and such...in case you choose to send a book.
The jail has rules...of course....and you cannot send more than six single pages in an envelope. As for books...here are the important rules (the ones I know):
- must come thru a retailer...Amazon or Barnes and Noble or Powell's, etc. It must be mailed by a publisher or a bookstore via USPS not Fedex or UPS.
- must be softback...and used books are just perfect (and a wee bit cheaper)!
- I think you all know my address...if not, ship to:
Patrick M. Leonard
500 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-2332
- CJ Box (Joe Picket novels)
- Dave Balduacci
- Lee Child
- Robert Craig ((Elvis Cole novels)
- Any haiku poems/any publisher
- Stephen King (I think the last title I read was Doctor Mercedes and I have no idea what else that man has written in the past few days!)
- Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch novels)
- Clive Cussler
(Editor's note: The site is pretty self-explanatory. I gave them $5 and got 500 credits yet am still puzzled about how much each email "cost"!! Trust is the key to using any "correctional" website!! Remember this is one woman's opinion...and it's not worth much more than a latte!)
Am I successful all the time? Heavens NO!! But I am aware when the rug gets pulled out from under me. Sometimes I get curious and sometimes I panic...and somehow I continue.
Hoping each of you find peace and joy this holiday season. Relax from time to time...take a couple of deep breaths if holiday panic sets in...walk around the block and remember...
When Chaos comes calling, remember Chaos is master of the surprise,
Chaos can be regarded as extremely good news.